Magnetic building toys for kids are great for fostering STEM learning and skills. They add an element to normal construction by having magnets that hold the structure together. This may make it easier for children who haven’t mastered fine motor skills. They don’t have to line up and fit together regular blocks.
If you are looking for magnetic building sets that your children will love, read on for our 8 recommendations! Too busy to read through the list? Jump to Amazon to buy now!
Quadpro 76 Piece Magnetic Blocks Building Toys For Boys Girls, Magnet Tiles Kits For KidsPlaymags 100 + 18 Piece Set: Now with Stronger Magnets, Sturdy,Super Durable with Vivid Clear Color Tiles. 18 piece Clickins AccessoriesMagformers Standard Set (30-pieces)MAGBUILDER 66 Pcs Magnetic Blocks Toy with Alphabets – 2016 Educational Magnetics Building Block Set Toys
8 Magnetic Building Toys for Kids
1. Quadpro 76 Piece Magnetic Blocks Building Toys For Kids – This set features a variety of magnetic tiles so children can let their imagination run wild. Square and triangle pieces let your kids have fun building houses, airplanes, and more. These building blocks work with Magformer and other magnetic toy sets.
2. Discovery Kids 24 Piece Magnetic Tile Set – Create buildings or houses for your action figures with this magnetic toy set. The tiles are secured by a strong magnetic force, so your child can have fun playing and creating for hours!
3. MAGBUILDER 66 Piece Magnetic Building Toys Set with Alphabet – This magnetic construction set adds extra learning elements. Many of the tiles feature the letters of the alphabet. Your child can build words as he constructs towers, cars, and more. Plus, we have shapes of all kinds here – triangles, squares, rectangles, circles, hexagons. Talk about taking learning into overdrive!
4. Playmags 100 + 18 Piece Magnetic Set – Talk about the magnetic toy set of every little girl’s dream! This 100 piece set features an additional 18 Clickin accessories like windows and ABCs to further the creations of your children.
Just taking a look at this magnificent castle has me wanting this set for my niece once she’s a little older. This playset won the Dr Toys 2013 award and National Parenting seal of approval – a true winner for STEM toys!
5. Magformers Standard Set – 32 Pieces – As one of the most popular lines of magnetic building toys for kids, Magformers offers a great deal of sets. Their most basic are their Standard options, which usually feature 32-64 common shapes like circles and triangles. The number of reviews on Amazon for these sets is astounding, with many of them 4-5 stars.
6. Magnastix 157 Piece Magnetic Building Block Toy – This set is a little different from the rest. Where most magnetic toy sets have basic shapes, the Magnastix are just long, stick pieces and metal balls. All of the pieces are magnetic, and can be connected to create a number of structures. This enhances your child’s creativity with a more flexible STEM toy.
7. Magz Clix40 Magnetic Building and Stacking Set – Another magnetic building set offering a little variety from the magnetic tiles many other toys have. These are more like stacking blocks, featuring four strong magnets in each piece to hold your towers together until you are ready to take the down. The pieces are large enough to make this a great STEM toy for toddlers. Six different colors reinforce color recognition, counting, and patterns too!
8. Magna-Tiles Clear Colors 100 Piece Set – Magna-Tiles rivel Magformers and other popular brands as being the top magnetic building toys for kids on the block. This set features 100 clear plastic pieces, which makes it easy to see inside your creations. Create cubes, pyramids, and other geometric shapes, and help develop math, science, spatial and fine motor skills while you play with Magna-Tiles.