Magnetic tiles toys are great learning devices for preschoolers!
Learning through play is one of the best ways for preschoolers. Without realizing it, they are grasping new concepts and building on important skills. STEM toys make learning while playing easy, since they offer opportunities to foster education and skill development. If you are considering using magnetic building toys for your child’s education, the following benefits may give you the push you need to get started!
If you are considering using magnetic building toys for your child’s education, the following benefits may give you the push you need to get started!
Popular Magnetic Tile Sets
Playmags 100 + 18 Piece Set: Now with Stronger Magnets, Sturdy,Super Durable with Vivid Clear Color TilesPicassoTiles 60 Piece Set 60pcs Magnet Building Tiles Clear Magnetic 3D Building BlocksQuadpro 76 Piece Magnetic Blocks Building Toys For Boys Girls, Magnet Tiles Kits For Kids
5 Benefits to Using Magnetic Tiles Toys to Teach Preschoolers
1. Color Recognition – All of these magnetic building sets are brightly colored for your child’s pleasure. Reciting the colors as she puts together a castle or car is a great way to learn. You can have your child create items using only a specific color.
For older preschoolers, give them a list of tile colors to use, such as 2 reds and 4 blues. This gives them the freedom to create what they want while still getting the learning in!
2. Fine Motor Skills – Fitting these magnetic tiles toys together to build structures is a great practice for building fine motor skills. These skills involve the ability to grip smaller objects and use your hands and fingers to complete tasks. Working on these skills is important for the child to be able to hold a spoon, use scissors, or write with a pencil.
3. Creativity – Giving your child a set of magnetic tiles and letting their imagination run wild promotes creativity. Most of these sets do not come with instructions, just an abundance of pieces so your kids can have fun building whatever they wish. They can play with these toys alone or incorporate other items such as action figures or Hotwheels vehicles. The creative opportunities are endless!
4. Problem Solving – Construction is one of the greatest ways for preschoolers to think critically and solve problems. As they are building their towers and other structures, they need to think about the proper placement of the magnetic tiles. How many do they need on the bottom to support the rest of the building? How will they design it so that it will stand up?
You can sit alongside your child while they build with these magnetic sets, asking questions about why they are creating things in different ways. Or, you can simply sit back and observe as they play.
5. No Screens or Batteries! – With these magnetic tiles toys, children are free to sit down and let their creativity shine. There’s no device to stimulate their minds. These toys also don’t need batteries, making them great for any time – on the go, on vacation, or at home!
Magnetic building toys are excellent in the classroom since there are so many pieces are students to share and their no-cost maintenance makes them a preferred choice for teachers.